Sunday, August 3, 2014

Elvis Has Left the Building (Letter From Katherine - 03/17/2014)

Well Hello!
 
First of all...Dad, I can't believe you have been released as Bishop. I think your new calling should be Ward Mission leader :D I was excited to hear about the new Bishopric, but it's kind of sad that our Ward will be so small. only two Laurels?! that's crazy. By the time I get home though it will probably already be back to the same size haha it sounds like the Ivory devlopment is growing like crazy.

So I have had a good week. It's always a Little bit of a challenge getting to know a new area, but I really am enjoying it. The church Building that we meet in is actually under renovation right now and won't be done until December. Crazy huh? It's a pretty big Building and has a gym in it, but it's quite old so it needs some Work. Our Ward will be meeting in Allerød, which is North....I think. Our Ward is pretty big. There are about 150-200 active members. Awesome!!! I am really getting looking forward to getting to know them better.

Right now we are working with a Young woman named Natalia. She is from the Ukraine and is an au pair for a Family WHO are members of the church. She is so great. I'm not so sure if she likes me yet, but we're working on it! haha Last week we went to CUV with her and that was a lot of fun and there are so many UVs. i am definitely not in Esbjerg anymore. haha

So while we were at the Young single adults activity I ran into this girl that i met from my Danish class at BYU. She would come and sit in on the class sometimes. Well turns out that she is actually living in Denmark right now. It was fun to see her!

We are working with a woman named Jette right now. She is great! One of the members WHO recently returned home from her mission contacted her at the bus stop. Her first time in church she just cried because she had finally found the church she had been looking for. Jette asked us to teach her about the standards of the church. We taught her about the Word of wisdom and the law of chastitty, and she liked both of them. She is very prepared.
 
Okay, so story of the week. Yesterday after church we had an eating appointment with a man named Philliph. He is one of Copenhagens very own bus drivers. He had invited us to eat dinner and after we had planned to teach him about the book of mormon. We needed another woman, but no one was able to come with us so we brought the elders. We got to phillips house and there was like 4 other people there. It was like a dinner party haha we ate delicious food and answered a lot of there questions about the church. Everything was going fine when another guest showed up. Guess WHO it was????? Elvis. It was a Danish Elvis inpersonater. Those three Words should never be used in the same sentence haha. We thought he was a stripper!!!!!! I was freaking out. oh my goodness I didn't know what to do and no one was saying anything! So I simply said, "Uh, I don't feel comportable." Elvis started singing and I was just like okay if he start


s to take his clothes off I am so out of here. I had my escape route planned and everything. After one song our district leader got us out of there. I don't know if he was a stripper or what, but all of us were like what the heck just happened. haha The elders said that our faces were priceless when we saw elvis walk in through the door. and appearently instead of just saying I don't feel comfortable I actually yelled it. haha I guess I was panicking, but we made it out of there okay, and nothing happened. It was so weird. I never thought in a million years that I would see that on my mission. haha It was so bizarre.

Today is Sister Bishops birthday so we have been doing shopping. It was like the first time I had been in a mall since, well since the Apartment burnt Down. I felt so out of place! I kept nocking Things off the hangers and racks and I was just like okay, i need to get our of here. haha I bet you never thought you'd hear me say that huh?

So yeah. Those were the highlights of the week. i'm doing well and enjoying Lyngby. The weather was great last week, but these past couple of days it has been rainy and windy, How is the weather at home?

Okay. Well. I hope you all have a great week! I love you sooooooooo much! Thank you for your emails they always make me so happy. I love you!


Love Katherine   

No comments:

Post a Comment