Sunday, August 3, 2014

Letter from Katherine (4/7/2014)

Hej min familie,

Conference was great wasn't it? I still haven't seen the second session of the sunday session, but we are planning on watching it later this week with Natalia. I really enjoyed conference, but it had kind of a different feel this time around. I don't know how to explain it. haha It was great though and I loved every minute of it. It's amazing to me how much more I have gotten out of conference as a missionary, than I ever have before. I'm not going to lie though, my conference breakfast was not even close to as being as good as the egg casserole and pull apart rolls.

Sister Sederholm was in charge of feeding all the missionaries and Young single adults inbetween sessison yesterday so she had Sister Bishop and I go over before conference started and make sandwhiches with her and Heather. it was fun! Subway and Coranados totally should have hired me. I make a pretty mean sandwhich. 

The majority of the missionaries on Sjælland Watch conference together so it was a lot of fun to see some of the missionareis I haven't seen in a while. I saw sister Hall! since being on her mission her father has quit smoking and become active in the church Again and been back to the temple. Her old sister went through the temple as well as her older Brother and sister in law. Her Brother and sister in law will be getting Sealed in the temple some time this month. I just thought it was so neat. I remember one time she was looking at my Pictures and she saw the one of our Family outside of the temple right after I had been through the temple for the first time. She told me she loved that Picture and that she loved how we all had our temple bags. She said that was her dream, for her Family to be able to go to the temple with her. Now look at them! It's wonderful.

Sister Bishop and I actually had the opportunity to attend the temple on Saturday. Guess who let us into the temple? Thomas Kofold. Also known as Jesus in the film Finding Faith in Christ. That was pretty awesome. haha I love the temple so much. Everytime I go I am overwhelmed by the spirit. It is always such a wonderful and uplifting experience for me. I was able to see one of the new films. So good. It made me understand Things in a completely different way. I absolutely loved it. It was a perfect beginning for the spiritual feast we had over the weekend.

I was able to see the women's coference. It was so good! I really enjoyed it.

Things are going well here. We have a lot to do and are staying busy. This is kind of random, but this last week Sister BIshop and I read the Denmark dedicatory prayer. It is very neat. IT was Thomas S. Monsen who dedicated the land. Anyways, I don't think you can find it online, but I will make sure and bring a copy home.

This week we have our district activity and we wil be going to the zoo. I guess there was a big scandal a while ago about the zoo we will be going too. They killed one of their giraffes and fed it to the Lions in front of kids. haha yeah... It should be fun!  

Oh yes before I forget! So I met the new office couple and guess what?! they know aunt Sheri! I was very excited to hear that they knew her. I would like to email her, so if you could send me her email that would be great! 

I hope everyone had a great time celebrating DAd's birthday! 

I love you and hope you all have a great week!!!


Love Katherine 

No comments:

Post a Comment