Sunday, August 3, 2014

Letter from Katherine (04/14/2014

Hello my dear Family,

It has been a good week.

Tuesday we had our district activity and we went to the zoo. It was a lot of fun! and I'm sorry Utah, but the zoo in Copenhagen beats the hogle zoo by a lot. I guess the zoo here actually is quite scandelous though because they fed one of their giraffes to the lions... haha I think i already told you about that... When we went the lions weren't even there, so my guess is they fed them to the...crocidiles? I don't know. Funny story though, so we had our district meeting before we went to the zoo and Sister Bishop and I thought it would just be so smart if we wore our normal clothes to the church and then we could hurry and slip on a skirt once we got there. I had the thought that we should probably just go in our church clothes and then change after the meeting. Well, we decided it would just be so much easier to Wear normal clothes because then we wouldn't have to carry them around all day. Well we get to the church and guess who was there....President! haha that will teach me to Wear normal clothes to a district meeting. Rookie mistake. haha I was super embarassed, but I think President thought it was kind of funny...at least I hope so. The zoo was great though.

I went on Exchanges this week with the sister training leaders. They do it a Little differently here on Sjælland than they do it in Jylland. instead of both sisters going to the sister training leaders area one of them comes to our area and one of us goes to their area. Anyways, I went with Sister Peterson.

 It was great being with Sister Peterson for the day though. I was able to get back on the bike!!!! I so miss riding bikes. I never thought those Words would come out of my mouth. haha I don't know what it is about Exchanges, but it seems like every time something awesome happens. One of my favorite miracles of the day was when Sister Peterson and I had an appointment, but we showed up and they cancelled. Don't worry though, we had a back up plan! we went to the college housing right by where our appointment was suposed to be. We looked at the record of the person that we wanted to visit and I noticed that it was from like 2011 or something. I told sister Peterson that there was no way that that person would still live there because it is student housing. She said yeah, you're probably right, but we should try knocking the door anyways. So we did. We talked to a Young man for quite a while. He was so interested. Some of the scriptures we showed him were the one in the bible about Jesus saying he has other sheep and the scripture in 3rd Nephi where Christ says that these people are his other sheep that he was talking about. The spirit was very strong. Ya know, i'm not sure what will happen to him or if he will be a super posotive investigator, but I do know that the Book of Mormon is true. and I love those moments when we testify of The Book of Mormon because every single time the spirit testifies to me that it is true. I love the Book of Mormon. Not only has it strengthened my testimony of the restoration, but it has stengthened my relationship with our Savior Jesus Christ.

Thursday we taught Lati Danish Again. It is the funniest thing ever. Right before we finish we make him go talk to someone in the Library in Danish. he actually does pretty good! On the way home from the library this crazy man asked Sister Bishop and I if we were twins. We were like uh...yeah we look so much alike.... he then asked us where we sleep.... so then we just walked away really fast. haha he was crazy

Guess what? I have been on a mission over a year now. I haven't really been keeping track but it was kind of hard to miss because sis. bishop's mom sent us a package of stuff for us to celebrate. haha It was kind of fun because a year ago Sister Bishop and i were together in the MTC and now we are together here in Denmark. I can't believe how fast time flys. It's so crazy.

 Natlia is doing well and is as funny as ever. She is the one from Ukraine. speaking of which. What is going on there? It sounds like it is getting worse?

We have a lesson today with Jette. It has been quite a while since the last time we met with her because she has been so busy. It will be good to see and start teaching her Again.

A couple of weeks ago sister Bishop and I contacted a lady on the street and talked to her for a Little bit. She gave us her number, but when we tried calling it later in the week it just rang and rang so we thought that it must have been a fake number or something. Last week we were knocking doors and guess who we knocked into? that same lady! haha there is no escaping us. we were able to set up an appointment with her. It was pretty crazy though because sister Bishop can't knock Apartment Buildings because of the stairs so if we do an Apartment Building we can only knock the first floor and this woman just so happened to live on the first floor. coincidence? I think not.

Well, I think that's about it. I will attach some Pictures. I love you and hope you all have a great week!!!!

Love Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment