Monday, March 10, 2014

Jeg fryser!

Hej min familie!!!!!!

Okay so pretty much it is so cold here! a couple of weeks ago when we were at a zone training I was talking to some other missionaries about how this winter hasn't even been bad. They all laughed and said just wait. haha It has been a pretty mild winter and I honestly thought that it would just stay that way. Boy was I wrong! It is so dang cold. But no worries, I have a very warm coat, and at the end of the day Sister Vige and I soak our feet in hot water. So it's all good:) We actually got a lot of snow last night and it has been snowing on and off today. Anyways, enough about the weather!

Things are going well here in good ol' Esbjerg. Last week we were able to teach Emilie the plan of salvation. It was surprising to me how many questions she had about the plan of salvation, but she has really been giving it a lot of thought. She told us that she would like to live in the Celestial kingdom, but she's not so sure that she wants to be baptized. haha she's cute.

We taught Analine and Kurt the plan of Salvation as well. Everytime we I have been in their home thing have been a little hectic. There 3 year old son is always doing something crazy, Kurt is always bringing up the most random things ever, and Analine is trying to prepare food. haha but this time was so different. There little boy was quietly playing while Analine and Kurt were both sitting at the table with Sister Vige and I. They both listened with a sincere interest. It's crazy how different they are than the people I i knew just a few months ago.

I love teaching the plan of salvation. It is always a good reminder to me of how much our father in Heaven loves each and every one of us. His plan for us is so perfect.

Saturday we went to varde. It's like a 20 min. train ride. We have a couple of investigators out there. Josephin, from the Congo and her danish boyfriend Alex. Everytime we teach them it's always an experience. haha I love it, they are great. Once we got back to Esbjerg we took the bus out to our next appointment with Sophie. We made dinner with her. As soon as we got there she said she needed us to run to the store and buy some onions. At first she said one of you needs to go buy the onions, but when we explained to her that we had to go togeter she asked if we could both fit on the scooter. we were like what? she told us that we could take her old person bike scooter thing. You know the things that handicapped/old people use in the grocery stores. yeah, it was one of those. So we checked in the white handbook, and guess what? it doesn't say anything about those so we rode it to the store. haha it was quite the experience.

We have been doing quite a lot of door knocking and believe it or not I think it is so fun. We have been able to talk to a lot of people about the gospel. Even if there not too interested it is always a good experience. We were able to talk to a young woman from Norway so that was pretty cool. At first when I started talking to her in Danish she wasn't so open and she was speaking what I thought was swedish. Sister Vige could tell right away that this girl was Norweigan she began talking to her in Norweigan and before I knew it we had an appointment with her set up for the next week. haha I just kind of stood there smiling. I could understand some of it though so that was kind of cool.

But yeah, things are going well here. I can't believe how fast time is flying. I hoe you all have a great week and that you know how much I love you!!

I love you! Love Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment