Monday, March 10, 2014

HEJ!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello my dear Family,

Guess what? So I think I told you that the sister missionary shoes that we bought before my mission survived the fire. Well Tuesday Sister Vige and I were like, okay we should try and Wear them. So we did it. I fell twice, and she tripped once, all in one day. They are way comfy, but super dangerous!!! I do have to admit though that the first time I fell Down the stairs in them I was trying to text someone at the same time. I thought the stairs ended, but there were about 4 steps left. haha I couldn't move my ankle for a bit so I just layed there and laughed. It was kind of bad but super funny. The second time after an appointment I was putting my coat on and I don't even know what happened but that same ankle just gave out and I was on the ground once Again. haha It hurt so bad! but it was quite funny. So then walking back to our appartment Sister Vige tripped and she went flying. She landed on her stomach and I thought I was going to wet my pants from laughing so hard. Don't worry, she didn't get hurt. We decided to put those shoes away for a Little while:)

It has been kind of an interesting week. A lot of times at the end of the day Sister Vige and I will say to each other, It's been a weird day. But, pretty much every day as a missionary is a weird day. Last pday it was pretty nice outside so we finally went to the Beach! We invited the elders to come with. how about that. We played a Little soccer, and it just reconfirmed to me that soccer has never been my sport. haha

So the Ward here in Esbjerg is pretty much all related. Bishop's parents our in the ward and last week his father passed away. Tuesday was the funeral, and Bishop wanted the missionaries there. His dad was such a sweet man. I think he was 86, but i'm not sure. I remember at the Christmas concert when Sister Packard and I had finshed our song and on our way back to our seats he grabbed my hand and just smiled. He didn't let go for quite a while. I can't remember what he said, or if he said anything at all, but it was just so sweet.

Before the funeral began the Family was by the door greeting people and I was overwhelmed with their welcoming and loving hearts. It was a day for their father/husband/grandpa, but they were so loving and gracious towards everyone. IT was a really good experience for me.

We had an appointment with Emilie afterwards, and her Aunt Helge made us a good ol' American breakfast for dinner. It was so good! I do have to admit though, that I miss our home made syrup:) Helge actually invited Sister Vige and I to go to the temple with her on Friday. We are just waiting to see if we have permission from President. I would love to go to the temple so much.

We have been teaching a man named Thomas. He was a former Jehova's Witness. Our lessons with him are quite exciting! He keeps us on our toes haha but he actually is pretty accepting after some explination of course. Last week the member we took with us to his lesson started talking about the temple and baptisms for the dead. He was like what the?... We are also working with a girl from Huang! she is from China and she is awesome! Saturday we taught her Danish and then taught her about the gospel. After, we ate lunch together. She made us some real chinese food and it was so spicy! but it was way good.

A few years ago there was a chinese girl here studying in Esbjerg and she actually got baptized. She has since returned home and now her Whole Family are members of the church. How cool would it be if the same thing happened with Huang? It has been interesting teaching her because she really has no background on christianity. She is so sweet and i'm really enjoying her.

Ana Marie and Min are doing well, but their car isn't working. I can't remember if I told you, but Ana Marie is pregnant and she has been pretty sick. Other than that though they are doing well. Sister Packard's mom sent them the children book of mormon and they were so excited about it! they love it.

ummmm let's see...Today we will be going to Horsens for splits so that should be fun. Transfers are coming up on the 10th. I have a feeling that I will be leaving but ya never know.

IT sounds like you have had a very busy week. Time really is flying I can't believe it. It's almost March! I hope you all know that I love you very much. Have a wonderful week!

Love Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment