Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Davs! (Letter From Katherine - 01/20/2014)

Greetings from Esbjerg!!!

Well, another week has come and gone. I can't believe how fast time is flying. It has been super windy and cold lately, but my coat is awesome. This week we have worked hard to find a family to teach. We knock doors in the evening in hopes that familes will be home together at that time. We have met some pretty interesting people...haha

So not too much is new.

We were able to begin teaching Emelie, she is a little girl whose mom passed away last summer. Emelie grew up in Norway. Sister Vige, was actually her primary teacher there, but she now lives with her aunt an uncle here in Denmark. We taught her God is our loving Heavenly Father. It was such a sweet experience. We talked to her about prayer and the Holy Ghost. We were teaching her different ways that she might feel the Holy Ghost. Helge, Emilie's aunt talked about an experience Emilie had and Helge told Emilie that that was the Holy Ghost. Emilie responded with, "okay so it's kind of what i'm feeling right now." There really is such a special spirit involved when teaching children.

Thursday Sister Vige and I went to Fanø. It's a little island next to Ebjerg. We took the ferie there, so that was kind of fun. The weather was not so good though. There are a couple of members that live ther and we had an eating appointment with one of them named Else. Else is 93 years old! She is a hoot!!! After we had eaten dinner and were chatting a little bit I asked if I could use the bathroom. She told me that I didn't need to ask, to just go. While I was in the bathroom I heard sister Vige laughing way hard and I wondered what was so funny. After the appointment Sister Vige told me that when I had asked if I could use the bathroom Else thought I said "må jeg prutte?" Which means, may I fart. hahah it was funny. We asked Else to think of someone that she could invite to church, she then asked, "you want me to find you someone that you can teach in my home?" we just went along with it and said yes. haha she then said, "okay, i'll see what I can do." All in all it was a great eating appointment!  

This week we were also able to get into the home of some previous investigators. Early in december they told Sister Packard and I that we could come back after the holidays. So we tried, and tried, and tried, but they were never home. This week they were finally home! They had recently had a baby and Analine (the mother) had been in the hospital for about a month. The spirit has really softened their hearts because they are much more willing to learn about the gospel now than they ever were before.

 One thing that I have really noticed this week is how special prayer is. We have had many opportunities to pray with people as we have contacted on the street and knocked doors. one of the neat experiences we had was when we talked to this greenlandic woman on her doorstep for a while. She wasn't really interested in us coming back, but before we left we said a prayer with her. during the prayer she strated crying and after she gave both of us a big hug and told us to come back anytime. :)

I think sometime I take for grantid how precious prayer really is. Thursday morning I was just kind of feeling a little bit down. We were riding our bikes to the church for district meeting and I wished that I could talk to my parents because I was just really needing some words of encouragement. I then remembered that although I can't call mom or dad right now, I can ALWAYS no matter where or when talk to my Father in Heaven. So while riding my bike I told Heavenly Father how I was feeling. I have never had a district meeting that has been so uplifting. Heavenly Father answered my prayer and provided me with the encouragement that I needed. It was a really neat experience for me. 

Well! I think that's about it. I hope you all know how much I love you and how grateful I am for your prayers. I hope you all have a great whatever holiday it is today and a wonderful rest of the week! I love you! <3 


Love Katherine     

No comments:

Post a Comment