Monday, March 10, 2014

Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Letter From Katherine - 03/03/2014)

My dear family,

 First of all thank you so much for the birthday wishes! They have made my day:) I think it's really weird that I am twenty years old now. I'm so OLD! I am still with Sister Vige so we get to celebrate our birthdays together. It's kind of nice because neither one of us has to worry about making the day special for the other one:) haha

So this week has been pretty crazy. Monday evening we went to Horsens for exchanges. So we were there Monday night and pretty much all of Tuesday. I had a good time. I like exchanges, I think it's kind of fun to be in a different area for a day. plus, it's always good to see Sister Briscoe. We have a special bond because our apartment burnt down. haha I spent the majority of the day contacting people and doing a service project.

Wednesday there was a class that came to the church to see what it was all about. There were about 20 14 and 15 year olds. It's happened once before since I have been in Esbjerg. It went pretty well....At one point the girls went with the sisters and the boys went with the elders. The girls didn't say anything. Siter Vige and I were trying so hard to talk to them and get them to ask questions, but all that could be heard was the sound of crickets. Way awkward but funny. I always get the giggles in awkward situations. That must just be how I cope with them.



When we were finished with them we got a call from a member in the ward asking us if we would be on his tv show. He asked if we could do it thursday or friday but we couldn't. So sister Vige told him that we could do it right then. I was like NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! He told us he would make some calls and get back to us. Within 2 minutes he called back and asked us to be there in 45 minutes. I was not looking forward to it to say the least. Funny story, on the bus ride over to his recording studio I said a prayer in my head that I would be calm and confident. As soon as I said amen guess what song came on the radio?? This Girl is on Fire! haha I couldn't help but smile. So yeah, we were on tv. He recorded two interviews, the first one was 30 minutes long and the second was 14 minutes long. It went okay I think. But I was happy to have it over with.

Thursday we had our district activity in Sønderborg. It was a lot of fun. The weather was perfect. We went to this castle and sculpture park and then went back to the church and made food. We were in Sønderborg for the majority of the day.

Friday we went to Copenhagen! We were able to attend the temple with Helge and her mom (Emilie's aunt and grandma) It was wonderful. I love the temple. It's about a 3 hour drive from Esbjerg and we did 2 endowment sessions and a lot of initiatory so we were there the whole day. Guess what happened while we were there? A man came into the womens dressing room asking for help because he had never been there before. Everyone was like what the? you can't be in here. Turns out he was a taxi driver looking for the old woman he was supposed to pick up. He appearently came in through the side door that was suppoed to be locked. Not good.

Saturday we were able to visit Ana Marie and Min. They are doing well, but there car has not been working well and they live 30 minutes away from the church. They were in church yesterday, but there car stopped 4 times on the way there. We also had a dinner appointment with Sofie, she is the one who knits. She came to sacrament meeting yesterday! I was so happy to see her there. She hasn't been to church in years.

Emilie is doing well and will be getting baptised this Sunday. She's cute. I taught her the gimme a break hand shake thing. It made me think of when Heather feather taught it to us that when we were in Nauvoo :)

So yeah, this week we were kind of all over Denmark. Things are going well and we will find out about transfers on wednesday. this week we have our zone conference in Århus. I am looking forward to seeing sister Packard.

Anyways, It was so good to hear from all of you. It sounds like you are having a good time in Midway. I love you!! Have a wonderful week.

Love Katherine




No comments:

Post a Comment