Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Hallo, Hei, god dag, javell- my norweigan is better than my Danish haha (Letter From Katherine - 01/13/2014)

Hallo familie!

Okay so I told you last week that I was pretty sad that Sister Packard was being transferred. It has been weird not having her here in Esbjerg and I have missed her, but I am absolutely loving Sister Vige. She is so much fun!

Wednesday Sister Packard and I took the train to Frederecia where Sister Packard met up with her new companion and continued on her way to Aalborg. Sister Vige was there waiting for me and we went straight to the zone training. I like zone trainings, it's always fun to see everybody. Our mission has placed emphasis on finding families, so our zone set the goal of being out finding from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm when families our most likely to be home. So Sister Vige and I have been doing a lot of contacting and knocking during those two hours. We have been having a lot of fun with it. Yesterday, we contacted this girl from Romania. There was kind of a language barrior. When we were just about finished talking to her we asked if we could say a prayer with her. She was so confused. After like 5 times of trying to explain prayer she finally said yes! She then gave us both a hug and walked away. hahahah it was funny. I guess prayer and hug are kind of similiar....? But hey, she's meeting us at the church on Tuesday so we can show her around. That is, if she can find the church.  

We were also able to talk to this woman who has had an extremely hard life. She was abused as a child and has been alone her Whole life. You should have seen her face light up when we told her that she has a loving Heavenly Father who loves her and has a plan for her. We tried really hard to get a return appointment with her, but she said she will come to church first. Hopefully!!!

Saturday we went to Odense! After 7 sister missionaries, Isabella was baptized! It was a wonderful baptism. It was fun to be in Odense and see the Ward members. I also finally picked up my bike. It has been in Odense since I transferred because they have bikes here in Esbjerg. I thought I better pick it up though. It's still working great and in really good condition! I also was able to see the remodled Apartment. It looks really good. Better than it ever looked when I lived there. I can't remember if I told you, but after the fire when they were getting the furniture out they moved one of the really big dressers and appearently the wall was covered with Black mold. So the fire actuallyl saved us all from dieing of Black mold.

Abia and Min both recieved the pristhood on Sunday! That was really exciting. Abia was baptized in June and still hadn't recieved the pristhood. I can't believe how big the Ward in Riverton is getting. That's crazy!

I finally saw the ocean since being here in Esbjerg! I also so the four White men statues. I wasn't able to take Pictures though because we were biking to an appointment. I ended up getting us lost. oops. Luckily Sister Vige is super patient with me! She is probably one of the most posotive people I have ever met. It's good for me. Not that i'm negative or anything... haha I'm just a realist! We also have the same Birthday! she is just one year older than me.

Things are going well though. I feel like this past week I have been able to recognize the changes that have taken place within me since I have been on my mission. I am so grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ. I want to be like him and I know that through his atonement we can be like Him. What a wonderful Blessing it is to help others feel of his love. He is hastening his work and it so incredible to be a part of it.

I love you all and am praying for you. Have a great week! Have soooo much fun celebrating Mom's birthday! Love you!

Love Katherine   

Pictures:
1. Isabella's baptism
2. Sister Vige
3. Sister Vige with her helmet on over her bun. hahah
4. The sun was shining yesterday. I actually saw the sun! I had forgotten how great it is. haha and today it's snowing. oh Denmark. 




No comments:

Post a Comment