Wednesday, January 22, 2014

God Jul! (Letter From Katherine - 12/23/2013)

Well hello my dear family,

Can you believe that Christmas is this week! It's amazing how quickly time is flying. So basically Denmark is the coolest mission ever. I feel like I have been able to serve in like every part of the world because of all the people I have met and taught from different parts of the world! On Saturday Sister Packard were on our way back to the apartment to eat lunch. We were contacting as we went and began talking to a woman from Fiji. Her name is Nina. We were able to teach her right then and there on the street and say a prayer with her. We set up an appointment for the following day. Yesterday we had the appointment with her and it went really well. Turns out that four years before her father passed away he was baptized into the church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. coincidence? I think not! She is wonderful and I am really excited about her. our next appointment with her is on Christmas day:)

Ana Marie and Min are doing great. We asked them how they feel now that they have the gift of the Holy Ghost, and they both said with big smiles on their faces that they are so happy. They also said that their relationship with eachother is a lot stronger now. The Gospel blesses families!!! They are just simply amazing. Sonia is doing great too. She hasn't smoked since we taught her the word of wisdom. yesterday she was talking to Ana Marie and Ana Marie was telling her that she had a cold. Sonia suggested that she drink some hot tea. haha after she said it she was like wait. Don't drink tea! it was funny. 

I feel like I know the ward better now that i have been here in Esbjerg a transfer so that is good. Some of the young adults from odense were in church yesterday because their families are from Esbjerg, so it was fun to see them. Sister Packard and I as well as the elders have been going around caroling to the members. i remember before I left on my mission Robert told me to try and be patient with the elders. I had no idea that it would be this hard. haha seriously though. Last night the elders weren't able to join us as we went caroling, so sister Packard and i just went by ourselves. bad idea. We cannot sing together without laughing. It's not even funny, but we can't help but laugh! The only time we were able to sing and keep it together was at Ana Marie and Min's baptism, but whenever we try and sing a hymn as we visit people we lose it. haha 

i'm probably going to keep this email short because I will be talking to you on Wednesday. Speaking of which, I will be skyping around 6pm Denmark time, so that's like 10am your time i think. I'm so looking forward to it!

I got a call from Sister Hansen in the mission office and she told me that there was a package for me in Copenhagen, but they don't know what they did with it. not sure who it's from or what happened to it. i'm hoping that it turns up. 

This has been a very special Christmas season for me as I have had the opportunity to serve our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. There is no better way to celebrate his birth than by helping others feel of his light and love. The gospel is so good and I am so happy to have it in my life.

I love you all and will talk to you on Wednesday!

Love Katherine



ps. picture=another flat tire haha 

No comments:

Post a Comment