Thursday, August 29, 2013

Hej (Letter From Katherine - 8/12/2013)

Hello Family!

Well to start things off, my new bike is kind of a peice of work. haha Either that or Sister Nuttall just wanted me to die when she was putting it together. haha Sister Hall actually has the same bike as me and she has been having the same problems, so I think it's just the bike. I guess that's what you get for only paying 999 KR. We are going to try and have Elder Ivie (senior missionary) take a look at them.

Funny story about Elder Ivie- So our bathroom has had a leak for quite a while and we have been trying to get a hold of the landlord, but we could never get a hold of him. Well when Sister Hall got here the sink wouldn't drain and then the toilet broke. So we called elder Ivie and he came to take a look at it and it was pretty funny. He was having the hardest time with the toilet. We could hear him mumbling under his breath and then he yelled.....JUNK!!! haha then we got the giggles way bad, and it was one of those situations where you shouldn't be laughing, but you just cannot stop. Sister hall and I went outside to take the garbage out and we could still hear him yelling haha. I'm laughing way hard right now as I am writing this. IT was so funny, but you might just have to know Elder Ivie to think it was funny. We asked him if there was anything we could do to help and he said, "yeah, get me a dynamite so I can blow this toilet up!" haha

So after Elder Ivie kind of destroyed the toilet a member from the ward came to take a look at it. He was like what the heck did Elder Ivie do to this toilet. He was able to put it back together, but he couldn't get it to flush. So we have a pot in the bothroom that we fill with water and pour down the toilet bowl when we need to flush. Life is so hard. haha just kidding, maintenance was supposed to come today, but so far they havent showed. surprise surpise. Anyways, while the members was trying to fix the toilet he unclogged the sink. You should have seen all the hair that came out of it. It was like 20 years build up of sister missionary hair. It was DISGUSTING! no joke.
 
Our apartment has been pretty cluttered lately so saturday Sister Hall and I weren't able to go to soccer because we had to clean. How the other sisters got out of cleaning i'm not sure. I'm pretty sure the apartment has never had a good deep clean. Missionaries just don't have time for that. Sister Hall and I were only able to really clean the bathroom. Believe it or not I'm learning the importance of taking care of things/doing dishes/ cleaning etc.

So Sister Hall is here. So far I am really enjoying her. She is really great at talking to everyone which is what I wanted to be better at. So that has been a blessing. Our first day contacting together this young man came up to us because he works for unicef and the first thing sister hall said is you can talk to us if you'll listen to what we have to say. haha So long story short, we're meeting with him on tuesday. His name is Inus. I really hope things go well with him! Sunday we were out inviting people to church and we talked to this man for like 20 minutes. At the end of our conversation we asked if he lived in Odense and he said yes, in fact I live here with my husband. It took us off gaurd, but he was extremely nice and the conversation probably helped his view on mormons. At least I hope so.

So I'm pretty sure that in my first week with Sister Hall I have contacted more people than I did in my 6 weeks. It is a really neat thing talking to random people on the street and bearing testimony to them that they have a Father in Heaven who loves them and has a plan for them. I love it! 

Things are going well here. Danish is still really hard. I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have to be a missionary at this time and help the Lord in hastening his work. Oh how I love the gospel.

Thank you for all of your love and support!

Love Katherine 


No comments:

Post a Comment