Friday, May 17, 2013

Letter From Katherine (05/14/2013)

Hi Family!!!

It's my last week here. what?!?! I can't even believe it. Time goes by so fast here it's not even funny. So we got our travel plans on Friday, I will send you a picture of them. We fly from salt like to Chicago then Chicago to London, and then London to COPENHAGEN!!!!!!!!! But.... we aren't sure if we have our visas. We checked with the travel office last week and they told us that they didn't have them. So we'll see.
Our Plans will most likely change whether we get our visas or not. If we don't have them by monday and it won't take that long for them to get here we will stay in the MTC for a couple of more weeks. Which I wouldn't mind because I LOVE the MTC. I'm not even being sarcastic. I seriously love it here. If it will take a long time for our visas to get here we will be reassigned for a transfer or two. Which could be like 12 weeks.... My district has been praying so hard that we will get them, and we fasted Sunday. We are really hopeful that we will get our visas. The group ahead of us that didn't get their visas, was supposed to come to the MTC on April 10th but then they ended up coming earlier. So the date that they needed their visas is the same as ours, so i'm hoping that that's why they didn't get their visas. We'll see though. I'm not worried about it, i'm just anxious to know where in the world i'll be going!

I watched an elder Holland talk and there a couple of things that stuck out to me.1. This is God's work and his Glory so I have to do it his way.2. This is a poem that he shared, I don't know who it's by.

Come to the edge he said
No, we'll fall
Come to the edge! he said
No, we'll fall
Come to the edge he said!!!
We came, he pushed us, and we flew.

Isn't that awesome? I loved it.

So Sunday was pretty much the coooolest day ever. Guess who came to speak to us for relief society? Janice Kap Perry! It was Amazing. She wrote a new song. Instead of As Sisters in Zion, it's The Sisters in Zion and she had us sing it. We were the first ones to ever sing it, and it was so incredibly powerful. Oh my gosh, it was so cool. I don't think there was a dry eye in the room. It was crazy though because while we were singing everyone was crying so you would think that it sounded horrible, but the music just kept building and building. The Angels were singing with us. It was one of the best experiences of my life. Was it Grandpa who said that when we have Deja vu it's when the veil is thinner? or something along those lines? Well I had some serious Deja vu and I felt so close to heaven. Just writing about it is making me tear up!


Also on Sunday the Devotional speaker was... I can't remember his name, but he talked about how miracles happen when we are exactly obedient. I thought that was really cool, because it would take a miracle for us to get our visas. Earlier in the day my district made the goal to be exactly obedient, so it was awesome to hear a whole talk about it after we had decided that that's what we are going to do. Don't get the wrong idea though, it's not like we were disobedient or anything, but there's always room for improvement.Believe that you can see miracles, believe that you can invite miracles, believe that you can cause miracles.

So Sister Bishop and I have had to interview the senior companions to see how everything is going with them and their companionships. Let's just say that I am so grateful for the girls in my district. haha but seriously, I love them! We have all worked so hard at getting along with one another and it has definitely paid off. At the beginning of last week I had a third companion for a day. She had the flu and was quarantined and missed going to Sweden with her district by a day! So she was with us, but luckily they were able to arrange for her to leave the next day. I guess the flu is going around like crazy and if you are testing positive you are put in quarantine. haha they actually have a quarantine here. Part of me wouldn't mind going there because they just let you sleep. Just kidding!!!!

I loved the mothers day pictures:) they were so fun to see. I will try and attach pictures today, but i might run out of time. Christina, I love you and am praying for you. Also the picture of Benson in the sandbox with everyone was so dang cute.   Okay so would you mind sending me actual photos? like in a little photo book? I think it would be fun to show the people I teach my family. I have some, but if it's not too much to ask I would love more:)

If my travel plans change I get to call you for like 5 minutes. I find out Thursday what's going on. So keep your phones with you! :) I'm running out of time! I will write letters.   Well family I love you, I love you, I LOVE YOU!!!

Have a great week!


Love Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment