Monday, July 1, 2013

Letter From Katherine (06/24/2013)

  • Danmark er den bedste‏

    Hello my wonderful family!
    It sounds like you are having a great time at yosemitie! I enjoyed reading about what you have been doing.
    So funny story. Last week when I was sitting in the library waiting for sister Nuttall to finish on the computer this guy started talking to me. in danish of course. and the whole time I was just kind of nodding and smiling. Afterwords Sister Nuttall came up to me and told me that I had just agreed to meet him at some cafe. hahahaha sometimes nodding and smiling is nøt the best thing to do when you can't understand.
    The members here are awesome. i love them. We had dinner at a members house her name is Itta. IT WAS SO GOOD. seriously, I had to take my belt off on the way home. haha It's fun becasue the dinner appointments are sister nuttall and i as well as the two elders serving in our ward. After we had finished eating Itta showed us her basement. It's a very old house that has been in her family for quite some time. There was this book shelf that was a secret door that led to a room. They hid a jewish man in there during the hollocaust. How cool is that?!
    On tuesdays there is a young couple in the ward that has a language class with us. It's great! they have been so helpful to all of the missionareis here.
    We had an investigator go to the young single adults activity so we went as well, and it was a lot of fun to get to know all of the young single adults. They are a hoot.
    Wednesday it rained, and rained, and rained. It was crazy. We rode are bikes all through it and got lost. At one point I thought we were going to get struck by lightning. It was kind of scary but eventually we found this neighborhood out of nowhere and we began knocking doors. We found a man named Hans and he was very kind. We talked to him for quite a while, but he would nøt give us his numbers. he said he would read the book of mormon and then call us. I hope he does! If he does nøt we will go visit him again.
    The correlation meeting was so cool. The danes know how to do it! I couldnøt understand everything, but I was very impressed. They are very engaged in the work.
    Thursday we took the Train to Nyborg to a dinner appointment. Nyborg is beautiful! holy cow. i wish you could be here seeing all the things that i'm seeing. It was super funny because It turns out that the family I was eating with is Dane's (my danish teacher from BYU) uncle and cousins! hahaha It was really fun. He took us to get icecream afterwards. Jeg kan lide at spise is! We went to visit less actives after, one wasnt home, and the other couldnt meet with us, but he was very posotive about us coming, and he wanted us to come back.
    Friday was zone conference. It was awesome. I had a migraine so that wasnt fun, and i have another one right now, but other than that i havenøt been getting them.
    Hahah we had dinner at a members house name Lanley. She is from vietnam and is hilarious. She is the mother to all missionaries. She loves us. She made so much food and it was delicious! afterwards she made us sing kareoke. haha it was funny.
    Sunday was the burning of the witch holliday, so we celebrated with the other missionaries in odense as well as some of the members. It was a lot of fun.
    We have a new investigator! his name is Noble, and he is from Africa. He is very religous, and he does


    nøt speak danish. Our first lesson went pretty well and he is excited for us to come back again.
    im happy and doing well! thank you for all your love and support. Have such a fun time in yosemite!!I I look forward to hearing more about it.
    I will try and send pictures, but I dont have as much time on the computer today. If you dont get them today I will send them next week.
    I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment